More and more hair care lovers are turning to natural remedies for their strands, and hibiscus for hair is one of the latest trends to sweep the hair scene. While this ingredient has only recently started trending in modern beauty, its uses for hair date back to the 19th century when it was used both as a hair dyeing agent and to soothe the scalp.
This essential product is good for more than the base of a refreshing iced tea. Many credits the ingredient for hair growth, a more hydrated scalp, and protection against hair breakage. Does this ingredient live up to all the hype? Read on to find out:
Hibiscus for Hair
The benefits of hibiscus for hair are ample, and this key natural ingredient can benefit a number of hair types and address a range of hair care concerns. Whether you are hoping to stimulate hair growth, soothe a dry or itchy scalp, or hydrate your curls, you may find hibiscus is the secret ingredient that addresses your needs.
Benefits of Hibiscus for Hair
- Hibiscus is infused with plenty of flavonoids, amino acids, and antioxidants.
- While there is no particular scientific evidence to suggest the plant affects the hair or scalp, these ingredients are known to boost hair health and growth.
- Studies show that the leaf extract is more powerful than the flower.
- When combined with hydrating ingredients, hibiscus can soothe a dry or itchy scalp.
- When paired with targeted scalp massages and stimulation, hibiscus can lead to added hair growth!
How to Use Hibiscus for Hair
When it comes to using this essential ingredient, we would recommend starting with a product infused with hibiscus to start. Targeting your shower products is a great way to infuse your routine with hibiscus.
SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Shine Shampoo and Conditioner are a great duo that will help you infuse your shower hair care routine. This duo uses coconut oil for hydration, hibiscus flower for elasticity, and silk protein for added shine!
SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie is formulated for those with wavy and curly hair. This natural hair treatment is infused with shea butter and hibiscus and hydrates your strands while giving them protection against future breakage.
Are you thinking about trying out hibiscus for hair? Be sure to share the results with us over @AllThingsHairUS!