Must-Have Love Beauty and Planet Products
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Love Beauty and Planet is independently certified vegan and cruelty-free by PETA.
Yes. Love Beauty and Planet offers shampoos, conditioners, hair oils and serums, hair sprays, and dry shampoos along with a scalp scrub and serum for a variety of hair types and concerns. You’re sure to find an effective line based on your hair needs.
Yes. All Love Beauty and Planet shampoos are sulfate-free.
Yes. Love Beauty and Planet is independently certified vegan by PETA.
Love Beauty and Planet uses naturally derived ingredients. This means the ingredient has either been unchanged from its natural state or has undergone some processing and retains 50% of its natural structure.
Love Beauty and Planet does not test on animals.
Palm oil derivatives are important ingredients in many of our products–and securing a supply of sustainable palm oil is vital to the future success of our business. Unilever has a Sustainable Palm Oil Policy that sets out our commitment to 100% traceability for all the crude palm oil and derivatives that we buy and our target of achieving 100% physically certified palm oil and its derivatives for our core volumes by the end of 2019. But tackling the complex social and environmental issues in the palm oil supply chain requires more than policy commitments–it requires the transformation of an industry. Through partnerships, advocacy, and committed work on the ground, we’re helping to lead real progress towards our vision of a supply chain in which sustainable palm oil is commonplace.
Love Beauty and Planet Murumuru Butter and Rose collection is formulated to help moisturize and add shine to color-treated hair.
Yes. Love Beauty and Planet uses 100% recycled plastic for their bottles. However, the caps and pumps are made out of 50% recycled plastic. The brand is also committed to saving water by using fast-rinse technology in all of their conditioners. The brand has a goal to reduce its carbon footprint. Love Beauty and Planet created a carbon tax. They contribute $40 for every carbon ton used to a carbon tax fund, which supports programs that help reduce carbon emissions and landfill waste.
We are not able to offer medical advice. We would recommend that you speak with your doctor.
All Love Beauty and Planet hair products, excluding hair sprays, are silicone-free.
- Unless otherwise stated specifically on the label, all of our products sold in the US are manufactured in the United States.
- The statement found on some of our packaging “Product of (Country)” is not a statement of where the raw material is from, but rather a statement of where the product is processed.
- All of the ingredients used in our products are required to meet legal US standards for safety.
- The safety and well-being of our consumers are always the number one concern of Unilever as we manufacture and market high-quality products around the world.
- Products made in Canada will list Unilever Canada on the back.
- Products made in the US or overseas will say “Imported By Unilever Canada” or “Made In _____” on the back.
- Additionally, products containing meat will say “Product Of ________.”
- Imported products, no matter where they’re from, must not only meet Health Canada and CFIA (Canada Food Inspection Agency) regulatory standards, they must also meet Unilever Canada’s high standards for safety and quality.
The majority of Love Beauty and Planet packaging is recycled and recyclable.
All Love Beauty and Planet hair products are paraben-free.
ShampooSee All Shampoos
ConditionerSee All Conditioners
Hair MaskSee All Hair Masks
Leave-In TreatmentSe All Leave-In Treatments
We love how these charmingly sustainable (and effective!) hair care products combine self-care with ethical details—just like how this shampoo bar with coconut water helps gently nourish hair and minimize packaging waste.
Dry ShampooSee All Dry Shampoos
Hair SerumSee All Hair Serums
Hair OilSee All Hair Oils
Hair SpraySee All Hair Sprays
Hair Care TipsSee All Hair Care
Love Beauty and Planet wants to make a less wasteful planet with every shower via a holistic #smallactsoflove approach from the entire product life cycle and beyond, from sourcing ingredients to packaging to its partnerships.
Our Tips & AdviceSee All Articles
From fast-rinse conditioner technology to sustainably sourced, natural ingredients, each Love Beauty and Planet product aims to make you feel more beautiful while giving a little love back to the planet.