A Guide to Bergamot Oil for Hair
Are you seeking extra shine and bounce for your hair? Then you should try bergamot oil, a fragrant essential oil extracted from the rind of the bergamot orange. This citrusy gem isn’t just a perfume staple – it packs a powerful punch when it comes to promoting hair health.
The Citrus Secret to Silky Strands: Bergamot Oil for Hair
What is Bergamot Oil?
Bergamot oil, with its uplifting aroma and potent properties, is derived from the peel of the bergamot orange, a hybrid of lemon and bitter orange. This essential oil is prized for its antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory qualities, making it a natural hero for various hair concerns, especially hair that lacks shine and elasticity.
How is Bergamot Oil Beneficial for Hair?
Bergamot Oil does many wonders for promoting hair health over time. Here are a few list of its most potent benefits:
- Promotes Growth: Bergamot oil stimulates the scalp, encouraging healthy blood flow to hair follicles to boost hair growth.
- Combats Dandruff: Bergamot oil’s antifungal and antibacterial properties for hair aid in soothing itchy scalps and combat dandruff-causing microbes on the scalp.
- Adds Shine & Manages Frizz: Bergamot oil’s natural conditioning properties tame frizz, enhance shine, and leave hair feeling silky smooth.
- Promotes Scalp Health: The anti-inflammatory properties of Bergamot oil calm irritation and promote a healthy scalp environment.
How Can I Incorporate Bergamot Oil into my Hair Care Routine?
There are so many innovative to incorporate bergamot oil into your hair care routine. However, it is important to remember not to overuse the product. No matter which of these techniques you choose to use, always remember to dilute the oil with water or an existing hair product before applying it directly to your hair or scalp.
1. Add Bergamont Oil to your Hair Conditioner
Add a few drops of bergamot oil to your favorite conditioner for an extra dose of shine and frizz control. Pair it with TRESemmé Full Fiber Volume Conditioner for extra volume and to add bounce to your hair.
2. Add Bergamont Oil to your Daily Hair Mask
Boost your regular hair mask by adding in 5-10 drops of bergamont oil every other hair mask. Pair with Dove Hair Mask + Minerals Strengthens + White Clay to help strength hair and prevent hair damage.
3. Weekly Scalp Massages
Dilute 2-3 drops of bergamot oil in 1 tablespoon of carrier oil, such as jojoba oil, coconut oil, or almond oil. Massage the mixture into your scalp for a few minutes to stimulate blood circulation and promote hair growth. You can leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour before washing it out with a suturing shampoo such as Nexxus Unbreakable Care Shampoo.