See Jennifer Lopez’s glam top knot + find out how to recreate her hairstyle!
Jenny from the block just got glam!
Jennifer Lopez rarely puts a step wrong in the style stakes and her latest look is no exception. The multi-talented star, who is filming for her new show World of Dance, shared a sneak peek of her pre-show prep with her fans, and revealed a stunning top knot hairstyle on Instagram. To get a look at J Lo’s glitzy updo, and to learn how to recreate her red carpet worthy style at home, keep on reading!
We’re obsessed with J Lo’s elegant top knot!
As well as keeping any stray hairs off of her face, Jennifer’s sleek top knot helped to draw attention to the gorgeous halterneck neckline of her sultry red dress. And, proving that top knots aren’t just for ballerinas, she added an intricate braid down the centre of her head for an edgy feel. Credit: @jlo
And with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, what better time to rock this show-stopping hairstyle than now? If you’re ready to take a leaf out of J Lo’s hair book, check out our step-by-step tutorial, below:
1. Brush through your hair to get rid of any knots and tangles.
2. Using a tail comb, create a 2 inch-wide section of hair on top of your head. French plait this section until you reach your crown area, and then secure your braid in place with a clear elastic hairband.
3. Gather the rest of your hair into a neat, high ponytail.
4. Twist the tail of your ponytail, and then wrap it around the base to form a top knot shape. Once you’re happy with the shape of your top knot, secure it in place with some bobby pins.
5. To help give your top knot a glamorous all-over shine, give it a generous spritzing with the VO5 Tame & Shine Spray. Et voilà: you’re done!
If you’re obsessing over J Lo’s top knot as much as we are, you’ll find even more red carpet worthy hair inspiration over on our Updos page. Go on, knock yourself out!