Make your ‘fro fierce!
When it comes to rocking natural hair for a party, we’re always stuck with how to style it. Sometimes we don’t want the effort of braiding, and yet, hate the hassle of an au naturel mane – just what is a girl to do? Well, after trialling a bunch of different hairstyles, we think we’ve found the ideal look to rock at any festive party or gathering: the embellished ‘frohawk.
So, want to know how to create this super cool updo, that’s just perfect for curly and afro hair textures? Then simply read on and discover how to get the 5th hairstyle in our fabulous The 12 ‘Dos of Christmas series!
How to do the embellished ‘frohawk
Don’t be intimidated by the fierce appearance of this embellished ‘frohawk, because (believe it or not) it’s actually really easy to create this gravity-defying ‘do. Just follow the easy step-by-step guide like our Beauty Editor Jeanette, and you’ll have a party-worthy mane in minutes!
How to get the look:
1. Begin by spritzing your tresses with the TIGI Papaya Leave-in Moisture Spray, to help moisturise and detangle your hair, so that it’s ready for styling.
2. Next, use the tip of your comb to create a horizontal parting, from ear to ear. You can use a section clip to keep the rest of your hair out of the way for now.
3.Then, gather the lower section of hair at the nape of your neck and create a ponytail, securing it with a snag-free hairband.
4. Grab your comb again and horizontally divide the hair we clipped away into 2 equal sections, securing each of these sections into a ponytail.
5. Now squeeze a little of the VO5 Smoothly Does It Frizz Free Creme into your hands, and coat them evenly. Then scrunch the product into your curls, while you fluff out your ‘fro and gently pull your hair in front of your face. If you need to, use more product to smooth down the sides of your hair.
6. Finish off the look by sliding an embellished hair comb of your choosing into the side of your ‘do, and you’re done. Now go forth and spread that festive cheer with your embellished ‘frohawk!
If you didn’t catch yesterday’s hairstyle for The 12 ‘Dos of Christmas series, be sure to check it out: we created an elegant and pretty hair bun, that’s just perfect for all the Christmas festivities coming your way!