Office-appropriate to party-perfect in less than five. (You’re welcome!)
If, like us, you always leave getting ready until the last minute, we bet that you’ll be relieved to know that there are plenty of stunning hairstyles you can whip up in a matter of seconds. Don’t believe us? Well, to prove it, the All Things Hair team are going to show you how they get their hair party-ready in a jiffy! So, read on to see us style our manes in action, and to learn how to create each stylish look yourself.
How All Things Hair editors get their hair party-ready
The sleek ponytail
Favoured by the likes of Kim Kardashian and Gigi Hadid (as well as our very own Chief Editor Ink), the sleek ponytail is a classic party hairstyle that you should definitely learn how to master. After all, this quick and easy hairstyle never goes out of style!
How to get it:
2. Next, brush your hair back into a sleek ponytail and secure it in place with a hairband.
3. If you have any pesky flyaways, smooth some more TIGI S-Factor Silky Smooth Moisture Serum over the top of your head, to help tame them. Now, go forth and swish your pony!
The embellished pineapple
While a pineapple may not seem like the most exciting of hairstyles, when accessorised with a sparkly headpiece, it becomes the perfect party ‘do. And if you’re not convinced, just ask our Beauty Editor Jeanette for proof – she loves rocking this look whenever she’s in need of a simple day-to-night hairdo!
How to get it:
1. Stretch the embellished headband over your head and leave it hanging loose around your neck for now.
2. Then, gather your hair into a high ponytail, securing with a standard hairband and pinning back any loose curls.
3. Now, take your embellished hairband and position it so that it sits just above your hairline.
4. For a finishing touch, coat your hands in the Dove Advanced Hair Series Quench Absolute Supreme Creme Serum and fluff out your curls. The serum will help to define your coils, as well as preventing any frizz!
Messy side fishtail braid
Fishtail braids have been all over the runways this season, making them an ideal hairstyle if you need a fash pack-approved look for your night out. But what makes this look so great is that it’s super easy to create, and looks so pretty, Well, that’s why Junior Beauty Editor Arianna loves it!
How to get it:
1. Spray some VO5 Give Me Texture Dry Texturising Spray into your hair to help add texture, then sweep all of your strands to one side.
2. Next, divide your hair into 2 equal sections: let’s call the left section ‘A’ and the right section ‘B’.
3. Take a small portion of hair from the back of section ‘B’, and join it to section ‘A’. Then, take a small portion of hair from the front of section ‘A’ and join it to section ‘B’. Continue this plaiting technique until you reach the end of your hair, to create the fishtail braid effect.
4. Now that you have your fishtail braid, tightly secure it with a hairband.
5. If you have thin or fine hair, pancake your braid by lightly tugging at sections of hair to loosen them. This will make your braid appear fuller, and create an undone, messy look!
So now you know how our lovely editors get ready for all their swanky soirees and after-work socials! So, if you loved these party hair looks but still want more, we’ve got just the thing: simply check out these stunning ‘dos that you can create in a matter of minutes! Ladies, consider your party hair dilemmas solved!