Because there’s no such thing as too much sparkle.
What you’ll need
On the hunt for a glamorous, rave-ready hairstyle for party season? Well, what if we told you that we have not one, but three fun going out hair styles that will make you look the part for any Christmas or New Year’s Eve parties you may be attending. And shall we let you in on a little secret? They all feature one very important hair accessory: sequins!
So, if you’re ready to learn how to create 3 different glitter-tastic going out hair styles, just keep on reading!
3 Going out hair styles perfect for party season
Going out hair: The glitter parting
We’re guessing you’ve heard of the festival-worthy hair trend: glitter roots, which was huge for 2016. If you didn’t, the trend consisted of people applying colourful glitter to the roots of their hair, and spreading it all over. But while wild glitter roots was perfect for festival season, we reckon end-of-year parties deserve something a little more refined, like the glitter parting!
Unlike glitter roots, the glitter parting features more concise application of sequins to your hair’s parting. Wanna learn how to do it? Of course you do!
How to get the look:
1. Part your hair into a deep side parting.
3. Apply some small, coloured sequins to your parting, starting from the front of your head until you reach the back of your crown – and that’s it!
Going out hair: The confetti bun
If you’re a fan of updos, but want to incorporate an element of glam into your hairdo for this year’s biggest social event (AKA the office party), then boy oh boy are you in for a treat with this glitzy confetti bun! For this party-approved updo, we recommend using confetti or sequins of varying sizes and colours.
How to get this look:
2. Apply some VO5 Sculpted Hold Wet Look Styling Gel to your bun and the hair surrounding it. Carefully, smooth the gel down to the hair on your scalp.
3. Squeeze some gel on the palm of your hand, and one by one, dip the confetti or sequin into the gel (for extra hold!) before placing them on your head!
Going out hair: Sprinkled sequins
Fancy sprinkling a little fun onto your going out hair? We’ve got you covered. All you need to do is sit back, relax, and get your hair gel and sequins at the ready!
How to get this look:
2. Using your fingers, smooth some VO5 Sculpted Hold Wet Look Styling Gel over the top of your hair, near your parting, to make it sticky.
3. Squeeze some more gel on the palm of your hand and dip the colourful sequins into the gel before placing them on your head, ensuring that you’ve distributed them equally. We loved using large, star-shaped sequins mixed with mini colourful ones!
4. As an added optional step, you can even create some quirky face art using any leftover sequins. Try applying them to your under-eye area, or just underneath your brow bone!
For even more going out hair styles to try, head on over to our Party Hairstyles page, where you’re guaranteed to find tonnes of glamorous ‘dos and simple but stunning tutorials.