Think of it as the slicked-back 2.0.
What you’ll need
Did you catch the hot, new ‘no-parting’ hair trend at the American Music Awards last night? Well, we’ll try not to hold it against you if you didn’t (but seriously, how could you not spot it?!).
As its name suggests, this hot hair trend involves working your ‘do without, well, a parting! And the best part is (see what we did there?): this hairstyle not only looks great on the red carpet, but it’s really versatile, too. So, what are you waiting for? Keep scrolling to discover how to rock this glam new hair trend in 3 different ways. Next Christmas event = sorted.
American Music Awards 2016: How to rock the ‘no-parting’ hair trend…
The wet look ‘no-parting’ hairstyle
Love it or hate it, there’s no denying that wet look hair has taken hold this year (we’re thinking that Kim Kardashian’s VMA hair and the curly wet hair look on Altuzarra’s SS17 runway show probably has a thing or two to do with this!). So, no surprise then that it continues to be a biggie hair-wise and was rocked by singer Daya at the 2016 American Music Awards last night.
Get the look:
- Apply a few pumps of hair oil, like the Toni&Guy Radiating Tropical Elixir, to your hair to enhance that high-gloss shine.
2. Comb your tresses back and generously spray your hair with the shine-boosting VO5 Sublime Sleek Creation Hairspray. This will help give your mane a wet-look finish and extra hold!
Glamorous ‘no-parting’ bouffant hairstyle
Want to nail Gigi’s vintage-inspired take on the ‘no-parting’ hair trend? Good news is, it’s easier than it looks. Just follow our easy 4-step guide below to get the American Music Awards host’s look!
Get the look:
- Start with clean hair. Apply a leave-in conditioner and heat protectant to add moisture and protect it from heated styling. The TIGI Catwalk Blow Out Balm is the perfect multi-tasking product, as it protects your hair from temperatures up to 230°C while also promoting smoothness and shine.
3. Grab the TRESemmé Runway Collection Max the Volume Creation Hairspray and spritz all over, before backcombing the top section of hair to help build volume at the roots.
4. Using a fine comb, gently brush your hair back and spritz again with the TRESemmé hairspray to lock your ‘no-parting’ bouffant in place all night.
Contemporary rock chick
Want something a little more edgy? Then just take a leaf out of Jenny McCarthy’s hair book with her sultry rock chick-inspired ‘do. It’s the perfect balance between retro and modern!
Get the look:
- Got a quiff, pixie or bob? You can still tap into the ‘no-parting’ hair trend by slicking it back like Jenny. Just use some of the VO5 Classic Styling Soft Moulding Wax to give your hair hold, minus the stiffness.
2. Comb your hair back lightly using your fingers, and finish off by using a comb to smooth the sides of your hair – et voila!
Loved the ‘no-parting’ hair trend from the American Music Awards? Then we suggest you head over to our Party Hairstyles page to discover more party-worthy looks and styling ideas.