Get yourself into a twist…
Let’s face it: a bun is always a good idea. Whether you’re short on time or just want a relaxed look, the bun is one of our favourite easy hairstyles that can be anything from messy to chic. But when it comes to making your style stand out from the crowd, we think the best way to work the look is with a twisted bun!
During the Monse AW17 show for New York Fashion Week, the twisted bun hairstyle was re-worked for the runway, giving it a sense of elegance and ease. To get the look, TRESemmé’s Global Stylist, Odile Gilbert, gave us a step-by-step on how she created the ‘do, as well as key products to use so that you can easily achieve this style at home!
How to create the NYFW twisted bun
Start with the basics, freshly washed and conditioned hair, complementing with styling product to obtain the desired result. – Odile Gilbert, TRESemmé Global Stylist
When it comes to rocking a bun hairstyle in a fresh and off-beat way, we always favour those that have easy-going, undone vibes about them – luckily, this twisted variation is packing tonnes of them! So, if you’re interested, just keep reading to discover it for yourself…
How to get the look:
2. Next apply a tennis ball-sized amount of the TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Mousse onto wet hair, distributing it with your fingers, from root to tip.
3. Now spritz the TRESemmé Botanique Nourish & Replenish Hydrating Mist onto the roots and proceed to blowdry the hair using a diffuser.
4. Bring the hair into a ponytail and apply some TRESemmé Beauty-Full Volume Dual-Action Maximiser on the tips, before securing your pony with a hairband.
5. Now divide the ponytail in half, then twist and wrap the first half around the hairband, fastening it with a bobby pin. Repeat the same process on the second half of the ponytail.
6. Leave a few front strands loose for a messy, yet chic finish and give your ‘do a healthy dose of the TRESemmé Perfectly (Un)Done Ultra Brushable Hairspray to complete the look.