Who knew something so simple could look this good?
What you’ll need
Our beauty editors based in The Big Apple have been attending a whole host of New York Fashion Week shows, all to bring you guys the lowdown on the hottest trending looks from the new season! And one of their favourite hairstyles so far, was the soft, romantic hair twists debuted at the Marissa Webb SS17 show.
Created to coincide with the ruffled, loose flowing clothing at the show, the twisted hairstyle definitely caught the attention of us at All Things Hair, as it graced the NY runway. Scroll down and you’ll see exactly why.
Romantic hair twists: Marissa Webb SS17
Featuring a mixture of tight, twisted knots and bohemian-inspired ponytails, TRESemmé stylist Jeanie Syfu worked to include some form of a twist into each and every model’s hair. Armed with an array of bobby pins and some handy hair styling products, Jeanie and her team created a bunch of mesmerising, romantic ‘dos with ease.
Hair twists: How to get the look
Although it may have originated on the New York runway, this bohemian hairstyle is perfect for everyday life, too. Plus, it’s pretty simple to create, as all it really involves is a twist! Keep on scrolling, runway-worthy hair is just a few steps away.
To create the romantic hair twists, all you have to do is follow these simple steps:
1. Divide your hair down the middle, then, working on one side at a time, comb your hair from your parting down towards your ears. After that, begin to twist your hair inwards, starting at the temples, and adding in more hair as you descend towards the back of your head.
2. Add in some bobby pins that match the colour of your hair, into the side of your hair twist, to help hold it in place. Ensure that these are tucked neatly away, so that they are hidden from view.
3. Repeat steps 2 and 3 on the other side of your hair.
4. Join the two twists together at the nape of your neck, by securing them into a low ponytail or a loose knot.
5. To get that undone, romantic look, gently tease the hairs that frame your face and finish with a spritz of TRESemmé Superior Hold Hairspray (500ml, £4.99*).
Can’t get enough hair trends from New York Fashion Week? Then check out what went on over at the Tibi SS17 show – it’ll both surprise and please you! Also, for some top styling tips straight from the runway, check out our backstage interview with celebrity hair stylist Orlando Pita.
*RRPs are Unilever suggested retail prices only, it is at the discretion of the individual retailers to set the actual price.