This ‘curl straightened hair’ hack is about to change your mane life!
If you’re a serial curl addict, your day is about to be made. Did you know that you can achieve the most curlicious hairstyle ever by straightening your hair before you curl? Yep, neither did we, until a little birdy told us that the curl straightened hair hack is the beauty secret behind most runway looks!
Anyone with frizz-prone, thick tresses or waves will know that your curly ‘do can sometimes fall short because of your hair type. Newsflash: to create perfect curls, you’ll actually need a smooth base, which you can easily get by following this hack.
Curl straightened hair: The not-so-secret hair hack you never knew you needed
We’re not going to lie: with this double-heat whammy you’ll be put your hair through wringer to get the curls of your dreams. But with a good heat protectant and some patience, it’ll be totally worth it!
How to curl straightened hair:
1. Since you’re using heat twice, you’ll need to use a nourishing and frizz-fighting hair care system to help protect your locks. We’re loving the TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Marula Oil Shampoo and Conditioner ATM! Why? Its formula helps to soften dry, frizzy hair, all while making your locks shimmer.
2. Next, protect your towel-dried or lightly blow-dried strands by applying a heat protectant, like the VO5 Express Primer Spray.
3. Now blowdry your hair straight (which you can do like a complete pro by following our easy-peasy tutorial, here).
5. Once you’ve made your styling tool call, begin curling your locks. Not sure how? No worries! Our guide, here, has got your back.
6. And there you have it! Spectacular curls that’ll steal the spotlight where ever you go.
Psst: Want to know what different curls you can create? Below, we’ve come up with some top-trending looks for you to pick from.
Curl Straightened hair: 3 Hot-to-trot looks you can rock with this hack
Looking for a style that’s bursting with vintage vibes? Then you should try creating spiral curls, which can be as fun and flirty as those seen in Dirty Dancing, or as lusciously loose as the ones rocked in Flashdance!
Ideal as an everyday look as well as a dolled-up style, rocking retro curls has become the ‘It’ style of the season.
Editor’s tip: Once you’ve got curl straightened hair, you’ll need to set your curls with a hairspray that provides a flexible hold, like the TIGI Catwalk Work It Hairspray.
There’s nothing quite like the glitz and glam of old Hollywood films! And guess what? You don’t even have to travel back in time to channel your inner starlet. Just make like this model and create a set of Hollywood curls, and you’ll have a hairstyle worthy of any silver-screen siren!
Now, if the two looks above aren’t your cup of tea, you’re probably looking for something more modern, right? Well if that’s the case, beach curls are destined for you!
This casual look is full of laid-back allure, texture and volume that can be worn for just about any occasion. With this ‘do, you’ve got work and play covered!
See? We told you curl straightened hair is the way forward. Want to know some other handy hair tips? Then come check out what we learnt from speaking to celebrity hair stylist Aaron Carlo – it’ll change the way you do your party hair forever!