Cute and low-key? Just what we’re after!
We’re now just over half way through our fabulous The 12 ‘Dos Of Christmas series, and today we’re bringing you yet another amazing look, with our tutorial on how to create a loose bun with a very glamorous headband! This elegant, yet playful updo is absolutely ideal for party season, thanks to the fact that it goes with almost any festive ensemble.
Now, what makes this quick and easy hairstyle so great, is that by simply switching up the type of headband you wear in your bun, you can effortlessly ensure your outfit is perfectly styled and looking on point!
So, if you’re ready to work this low-key loose bun like a pro, you better read on for our step-by-step tutorial!
Party prep with a pretty loose bun and a headband
We know that this bun seem a little complicated on the outside, but trust us, it really couldn’t be easier! How do we know? Well, because the All Things Hair team have got 7 tried and tested steps, that are practically foolproof.
So, what are you waiting for? Get styling.
How to get this look:
2. Now brush through your mane to remove any knots and tangles.
3. Next, gather your hair into a low, side ponytail.
4. Then loop the end of your ponytail through a hair donut, wrap the ends of your strands around the hair donut, and roll it up to the base of your ponytail. Once you reach the base of your ponytail, you should have a fully-fledged bun!
5. Secure your completed bun in place with some bobby pins.
6. If you have a side fringe, pull this free, before sliding an embellished headband (that matches the colour of your party outfit!) over the top of your head. The front should sit just above your forehead, and the back just above your bun.
7. To finish, give your ‘do a spritz of TIGI Bed Head Headrush Shine Hairspray, to help add a healthy-looking sheen to your mane!
There you have it, folks, a stunning party hairstyle that can be be accessorised a thousand different ways!
And if you loved this easy-peasy, loose bun tutorial, be sure to check back in tomorrow and learn how to create a glamorous updo with curly hair. After all, you can never have too many party hairstyles up your sleeve, right?