Back-to-work hairstyles don’t have to be a hassle!
Now that the New Year’s celebrations have come to an end and we all have trudge ourselves back to work, you may be feeling less than optimistic about the coming year. But it’s not all doom and gloom: you can look ahead with positive vibes and simply rock some hairstyles for mid-length hair, that are completely office-friendly!
Now, you may be thinking that you don’t have the time or the energy in the mornings to create such hairdos, right? Well, the good news is, we’ve curated 3 easy-to-achieve hairstyles for mid-length hair, that are sure to impress your colleagues and your dinner date, all in one fell swoop. So, let’s kick off 2017 with a hot new look and give your midi tresses a refreshing update!
3 Easy hairstyles for mid-length hair
1. Slicked-back, half updo
This super sleek, slicked-back hairstyle is the ideal option for those who prefer to wear their mid-length locks down, but kept back and off the face for a neater, more professional result.
Ultra modern and elegant, this half-up style makes for the perfect round-the-clock look, meaning you can hop from the office to after-dark cocktails without any touch-ups. Note that it works especially well for those with longer mid-length cuts, or for ladies with straight hair.
How to get the look:
- If your hair isn’t pin-straight, run a straightener over the ends to flatten it out as much as you can. Then, apply a strong hold gel (like the VO5 Classic Styling Mega Hold Gel Spray) to the front and sides of dry hair, before slicking all of your face-framing locks backwards.
- Next take a small section hair from the top of your head (from about your temples to the back of your crown) and clip it up, we’ll come back to this section in a moment.
- Now, using a fine-tooth comb, smooth back the sides of your hair just above your ears and secure each side with bobby pins that match the colour of your hair.
- Remember that hair you clipped away in step 2? Well, it’s time to let it down and comb it backwards to hide the pins. For the finishing touch, secure your style in place with a spritz of the VO5 Sublime Sleek Creation Hairspray.
2. The double knot
If you’re usual go-to office look is a classic ballerina bun, why not give it a cool, playful twist this year with a double knotted variation? Ideal for women with thick hair, these two-tier knots also work well on heavily layered mid-length cuts, or even for those with bangs that can’t be tied up into one big bun – pretty neat, eh!
How to get the look:
- To start, use a comb to divide your hair into 2 equal, horizontal sections: top and bottom. Then mist both sections with the TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Ultra Brushable Hairspray – this will provide extra grip to your tresses and make styling that much easier.
- Now twist the top section into a tight bun, leaving your bangs or any stray strands at the front loose. Secure this bun in place with a clear elastic hairband and some bobby pins.
- Repeat the same process with the bottom section, ensuring that the bottom bun sits directly underneath the top, again securing it with a hairband and pins.
- For those of you with bangs, you can choose to either leave them loose to help frame the face, or create a deep side-sweep, using a round brush and hair dryer for added volume.
- Once you’ve finished styling your buns, set the look in place with another spritz of the TRESemmé Perfectly (un)Done Hairspray, for a touchable hold that’ll last all day long.
3. Loose, gentle waves
If you want a timeless look that has a universal appeal, you can’t go far wrong with a set of gentle waves. Perfect for those who want to showcase their medium length cut in its most natural light, this tousled ‘do is ideal if you want a less structured look, yet one that is still office-appropriate! But the best thing of all? It takes next to no time to achieve these lusciously loose wave.
Psst: we’d also suggest working with second-day hair, as it’ll provide extra bit of grip and texture to your mane!
How to get the look:
- If you’ve got thin or fine hair, or even second-day strands, try prepping your tresses with the TRESemmé Instant Refresh Volumising Dry Shampoo, to freshen up the roots, while also adding extra grip.
- Now, depending on how wavy you want the end result to look, create 2 or 3 standard plaits all the way down to the very tip, securing each one with a small elastic hairband.
- Next, slowly run your hair straightener over each plait. If you have very thick or coarse hair, repeat this step a few times, before untying the hairbands and setting your strands free.
- Still not got enough oomph and texture in your hair? Then give your waves a healthy dose of the Toni&Guy Casual Rough Texturiser, to really give your waves a lived-in finish.
And there you have it, 3 easy-peasy hairstyles to kick off your 2017 in style! Now, if you’re on the hunt for even more incredible ‘dos to reinvent your look this year, we suggest taking a look at our lovely New Hairstyles page, where you’re sure to find all the latest looks from around the world.