Get glammed up in minutes with these gorgeous ‘dos.
With party season just around the corner, what better way to prepare for all the glitz and glam than trying out an array of stunning curly hair styles? From half-up, half-down ‘dos, to accessorised ponytails, we’ve got a gorgeous style for you, no matter what kind of curl you’re working with! So, if you’re ready for some major hair inspiration, have a scroll through the gallery above, and read on to get the lowdown on each hot mane look.
Curly hair styles to wear at a party
Have you ever thought of mixing your voluminous curls with straight roots? No? Well in that case, be prepared to give your look an on-trend twist! This ‘do combines a slick and fashionable parting with your gorgeous natural curls, for a style that is both oh-so-chic, and easy to manage.
To get this look:
- Starting from your roots, straighten your hair until you reach around eyebrow height.
- Now take a comb and create a middle parting.
- Spray some VO5 Classic Styling Mega Hold Gel Spray onto your parting, and use your comb to distribute the gel all over your straightened hair, giving your locks a sleek finish. And that’s really all there is to it – easy peasy, right?
If you find the sheer mass of your curls slightly overwhelming at times, then you need to rock your mane into a low-maintenance updo! Enter: the pineapple. This easy-to-achieve style is basically a fancy version of the classic high ponytail, just with more fluffed-out curls!
To get this look:
- Start by tying your hair into a really high ponytail. Tip: To get your pony super high, tip your head upside down, as it’s easier to gather your hair this way.
- Next, fluff out your curls using your fingers, or even backcomb them slightly for added volume and height!
- To finish, spray some TIGI S-Factor Papaya Leave-in Moisture Spray into your curls, to help nourish them and give them a healthy-looking shine.
Half-up, half-down hair with a bow
Are you often short on time to style your hair before a party? Well, it doesn’t get much cuter (or quicker) than rocking this half-up, half-down hairstyle! So, prepare for lots of hair positive comments and turning heads when sporting this effortless ‘do.
To get this look:
- Section your hair in half horizontally, just above your ears.
- Gather the top section of hair at the back of your head, and fashion it into a small bouffant, clipping it in place with some bobby pins.
- To conceal your bobby pins, simply place your hair bow of choice over the pins. And there you have it, an uber-cute hairstyle done in minutes!
The ponytail and bandana duo
We at All Things Hair absolutely love a playful hair accessory, especially when it comes to curly locks! And adding a printed bandana to any look, is an easy way to inject loads of colour and fun into your everyday style!
To get the look:
- Begin by tying your hair into a really high ponytail.
- Then, fluff out your curls using your fingers, so that they fall evenly from the top of your head.
- Now for the pièce de résistance! Wrap a bandana around the front of your head, and tie it into a knot at the centre. We recommend using a brightly coloured or patterned bandana, to give your look that extra stand-out effect!
If you’re still stuck on how to work your curls for a party, then you need to check out these 4 looks that are perfect for weekend-wear! And for even more soiree styling ideas, don’t forget to spend some time on our lovely Party Hairstyles page.