It reaches hip-height!
Pretty Little Liars actress Shay Mitchell always wows us in the hair department, and her latest mane style didn’t disappoint, either. The star debuted an ultra long, envy-inducing rope braid at New York Fashion Week, and we can’t stop staring at the photos of it. Get the lowdown on Shay’s braided mane, plus find out how to steal her style, below.
Shay Mitchell’s rope braid is mesmerising
Taking to Instagram to debut her stylish ‘do, Shay posted the above photo, alongside the caption: “I whip my hair back and forth…”, which references Willow Smith‘s popular song. Shay’s Rapunzel-like locks, which are probably down to the help of some trusty hair extensions, had been twisted into a fashion-forward rope braid for the FROW.
But this wasn’t just any rope braid: oh no, this braid was uber long, and finished at hip-height. We’re assuming that Shay’s incredible braided ‘do ensured that she was the centre of attention at NYFW. Credit: @shaym
If you’re dying to recreate this edgy rope braid at home, then follow our simple step-by-step tutorial, below:
1. Brush all of your hair back to create a high ponytail, then secure it in place with a hairband.
2. Generously spritz the VO5 Dry Texturising Spray all over your ponytail, to help add grip and make it easier to twist.
3. Split your ponytail in half so that you have 2 equal sections.
4. Rub a small amount of the TIGI S-Factor Creamy Molding Wax between your hands, before taking both sections and twisting them.
5. Wrap your twisted sections of hair around each other, before securing them together at the end with another hairband.
Loved this rope braid hairstyle? Then you’ll want to check out our Braids page, which has everything from fun hair styling ideas to tips on perfecting your braiding skills!