American actress Dakota Johnson hit the red carpet in Los Angeles last night for the premiere of her new film, Fifty Shades Darker. As the movie’s leading lady, all eyes were on Dakota and her stunning floor-length gown as she arrived – but it was her hair that caught our attention! The star flaunted a beautiful braided hairstyle, and we think she looked absolutely stunning. To see her look up close, and to steal her style for yourself, just keep scrolling!
Dakota Johnson’s stunning braided hairstyle
The 27-year-old actress wore a plunging nude gown, revealing a sexy backless detail when she turned around. Rather than opting for a super glam updo, Dakota decided to opt for something a little bit more low-key, in order to all keep the focus on her ensemble. Her long, brunette tresses were styled into a loose, messy braid which flowed down her back.
How to get Dakota’s braided look:
2. Take a 3 inch-wide section of hair from the top of your head, and divide into 3 equal sections.
3. Begin braiding your hair by following the traditional 3-strand braid technique, by weaving the left section of hair into the middle, and then the right section of hair into the middle.
4. Now it’s time to start weaving more hair in to create your French braid. To do this, as you take a section of hair from either side, pull in a little extra hair each time. Continue this process until you’ve braided your hair down to the ends.
5. Is your plait looking a little too neat? Don’t panic! To give your braid a more disheveled, undone look like Dakota’s, simply pancake sections of your braid. To do this, use your finger and thumb to gently tug at your hair, to loosen the plait.
6. Now all that’s left to do is help set your style with the Toni&Guy Tousled Texture Creation Hairspray. And just like that: you’re ready to go!
If you like Dakota’s style as much as we do, why not have a scroll through our Braids page? With everything from waterfall braids to the latest corset braid trend that’s taking over Instagram, you’ll be in braid heaven!