Wimbledon may be done and dusted, but we still can’t get over how good Kim Sears’ hair is. Truth be told, while her husband Andy Murray was busy playing some of the best tennis of his entire career (for those who need an update, he won three straight sets in the finals, by the way), we couldn’t help but stare at his wife’s gorgeous mane (sorry Kate Middleton, but we’re currently crushing over a new bouncy blow out). So if you want to get fabulous Kim Sears hair of your own (and let’s face it, who doesn’t?!), keep on reading to learn how to recreate her signature polished blow out.
How to get Kim Sears’ hair
Even if you have naturally fine, limp hair, don’t worry: you can still achieve Kim Sears’ courtside-worthy hair. Just follow our step-by-step guide below:
1. This hairstyle is all about volume and movement, so start by washing your hair with a volumising shampoo and conditioner, like the TRESemmé Collagen+ Fullness Shampoo and Conditioner. This volumising system will help to give your hair an added body-boost!
2. Gently towel-dry your hair, before spritzing some VO5 Plump It Up Amplifying Blow Dry Lotion on your mane, focusing on your crown. This lightweight formula will help to make your hair feel thicker, while protecting against heat damage, too. (If you have extra fine or limp hair that’s in need of major volume, TIGI Bed Head Superstar Queen for a Day) works a treat in giving your hair a real boost and lift).
3. Divide your hair in half, so that you have a bottom and top section. Then, working on the bottom section first, take a 1-2 inch-wide portion of hair, and place a round brush underneath it.
4. Now it’s time to blow-dry your hair. Make sure that your hair dryer has a concentrator nozzle attachment, as this will really help you achieve smooth, bouncy locks. Then, with your free hand, focus the nozzle near your section of hair, and twist the brush, moving downwards as you go. Ensure that the hair dryer follows the movement of your brush to help smooth your strands.
5. Repeat step 4 on the same section of hair until that portion is dry, frizz-free and silky soft, before taking another section of hair and repeating steps 3 and 4. Keep working your way around your head until you’ve blow-dried both the bottom and top sections.
6. Once you’ve blow-dried your whole head, tip your mane upside down and give it a shake. Then flip your head back up to reveal gorgeous, bouncy tresses!
7. Finish with a spritz of TIGI Bed Head Headrush Shine Hairspray to give your version of Kim Sears hair a salon-worthy shine.
Want to make your hairstyle stay intact all day? Learn how to make your blow out last longer!