Find out how to keep your hair straight with these tips that are absolutely weather-proof!
Straightening hair that’s naturally wavy is not a walk in the park. Maintaining straight hair (after hours of styling, no less) is a downright struggle. Now, add in the weather factor and well, your hair is doomed to frizz and curl within a few hours.
When it rains, the air becomes humid; and our hair, especially if it’s damaged, quickly absorbs the water vapor like a sponge. This causes hair to frizz and behave like a stubborn teenager. So we don’t blame you if you find yourself giving up on the whole idea of styling your hair straight as soon as the first raindrop hits the ground. But you see, you don’t have to let the rainy season put a cramp on your style!
Are you paying attention? Great. Because we’ve got tips on how to keep your hair straight even when there’s an all-out storm outside! (Just, you know, don’t plant yourself under a direct downpour and your hair will be fine).
Maintain your straight hair with these tips
1. Start by washing your hair with a shampoo that is meant to relax your strands. It will keep your hair straight and frizz-free.
Editor’s tip: Sunsilk Expert-Perfect Straight Shampoo is formulated by experts to keep your hair straight. This will give you smooth and frizz-free hair, all day.
2. Damaged hair will need extra care to keep it beautiful, especially during the rainy season. You can provide the more nourishment with a lot of keratin to repair and protect your hair from further damage.
Editor’s tip: When you don’t have the time for salon treatments to nourish your hair with keratin and keep sleek during rainy days, you can always use Cream Silk Triple Keratin Rescue Ultimate Straight.
3. Spray hair with heat protection product because a lot of heat styling is about to go down.
Editor’s tip: TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Flat Iron Smoothing Spray. It reduces frizz and acts as a barrier from heated styling tools.
5. Let hair cool down before touching it again for further styling. This helps make sure hair cuticles stay flat and prevent moisture from sneaking its way back in.
6. Divide your hair into small sections and iron part by part.
7. Apply a small coin-size amount of leave-in conditioner for more frizz-control. You need every help you can get in this weather!
Editor’s tip: Cream Silk Standout Straight Leave-On Cream. It’s a non-sticky and ultra-light formula that deeply nourishes hair to make it soft, smooth, and gorgeously shinier.
8. Wait five minutes before stepping out to let hair cool down and seal the hair cuticle.
9. Hands off. The excess oil in your hands as well as the heat of your palm won’t help keep moisture out, so resist the urge to run them through your hair.
10. Avoid getting your hair wet with rainwater. It will do you no good in any way; it will ruin your style, you can get sick and it will not smell good.
Editor’s tip: By any chance that you get caught up in the rain, dry your hair and use TRESemmé Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo. It will keep your hair clean and smell good throughout the day.
It’s no easy feat to achieve the look that you want especially if the weather won’t cooperate, but there’s always a trick to getting what you want–at least as far as hair straightening is concerned. Now that you know how to make your hair straight and keep it that way all day long, you can go out, do a hair flip, and slay!
You can order the items mentioned here via Lazada with these links:
Next read: Keeping a straight hair during the rainy season may not be that simple. Here are more hair care tips you can use during rainy season.